Saturday, October 29, 2011

Readers Theatre

Marianne Wood
Readers Theatre 
10/30/2011
Egyptian Gods and Goddesses 
Characters- 
Narrator 1-8
Nun: the dark waters
Ben-Ben:  the hills
Atum:  the first god
Shu: god of the air
Tefnut: god of moisture 
Nut: god of the sky
Geb: god of earth
Four Children:  Osiris(king of earth), Isis(queen of earth), Seth, and Nephthys(not a part)
Horus: Oriris and Isis son
Setting:  Ancient Egypt 
Narrator 1:  This is a story about the creation of the Egyptian gods and goddesses.
Nun:  I am the god of the dark waters and I have created a chaotic world.
Narrator 2:  One day, a hill rose up of a the waters.
Ben-Ben:  I should be called Ben-Ben.  I will be the home of the first god, Atum.  
Narrator 3:  On the hill of Ben-Ben, the first god named Atum arose.  
Atum:  I am the god of Atum and will control the earth.  First, I will create a god of air.  Then, I will create a god of moisture.  This will gives us the atmosphere in which we live.  
Narrator 4:  Shu and Tefnut were created to be the god of air and god of moisture.  The two had two children:  Geb, the god of earth and Nut, the goddess of the sky.  
Geb:  I am the god of earth.  I will create a place for all to live.
Nut:  I am the god of the sky.  Together Geb and I will make a peaceful world.  I will be the canopy of Geb and the earth.
Narrator 5:  Net and Geb had four children named Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys.
Osiris:  I have been named the king of the earth.  My wife Isis will help me rule the earth for many years.  
Isis:  My husband Osiris and I will protect the earth.  
Narrator 6:  Seth was jealous of Osiris because he wanted to be the ruler of the earth.  He grew angrier and angrier and killed Osiris.  
Seth:  I wish my brother was not the king.  I shall kill him and make him go to the underworld and I will be king of the earth.  
Narrator 7:  Osiris and Isis had one son named Horus.  
Horus:  I will battle Seth and take over the earth and become king.  
Narrator 8:  Horus regained the throne and Osiris remained the king of the underworld.  Seth was defeated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment