Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Personality and Creativity

Where do I stand with creativity?
After looking at the tables describing personality traits of creative people, I did find myself obtaining many of the characteristics listed in my personality.  The majority of the personality traits that I share with creative people are not new to me.  However, I must admit that I do fall into the category of a few of the negative traits.  
I do see myself as a very independent person however I often doubt what I am doing and worry if it is worthy.  I am a people pleaser which often causes much discomfort for me.  I usually find myself committing to way more than I can handle.  I am a very sensitive person.  I take others feelings and concerns into perspective everyday.  Most likely this is why I am a teacher as I only want the best for others and understand that we are not all perfect.  I have a very big sense of humor and am often told that I am a cut up.  Yes, I must admit that I am also very immature at times.  I am not sure if this plays into the fact that I am the youngest of three children and still very babied by my family. Out of the three children in my family, I probably am the most creative (which says a lot about my brother and sister :0 ).  
I find myself getting extremely excited over the smallest of things but I am not a risk taker.  I wish I was more willing to act on the spur of the moment however I am too cautious and concerned about my well being.  Therefore my results of the “Thrill Seeking Test” were not surprising to me.  I fell into the below average category.  
I must say that I am extremely hard working and generally organized.  Others may not agree with my organization skills, however, I always know where things are located.  Since I was a young child, I have asked many questions.  Often my family and friends will respond “Just deal with the answer.”  This really discourages me because I always want to know “why” something occurred the way it did.  
I enjoyed Davis’s Chapter 5 and making connections with my own personality traits.  I find it extremely encouraging that I do have a large majority of traits that fall into creative category.  This gives me hope that one day I too, can be creative.  

1 comment:

  1. You're already there! Give yourself credit. I do hope your siblings don't stumble upon this post and realize that you're calling them out :)

    ReplyDelete