Monday, November 21, 2011

My Favorite Creative Assignment

My favorite assignment this semester was the Morphological Analysis.  What an awesome way to encourage creative, problem-solving thinking into the classroom.  I mentioned in my lessons reflection about using this idea with my 7th grade students.  The students found it to be extremely fun and interesting.  I couldn’t believe how well they completed this assignment and proposed solutions to desertification in Africa.  
I plan on using this assignment with other problem/solution lessons this year.  Many teachers today focus on teaching the basic facts.  By teaching the basic facts, students are not allow to actually apply what they are learning.  The Morphological Analysis not only taught my kids about desertification but allowed them the opportunity to be creative and create solutions to a threatening problem occurring across Africa.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm calling for proof :) I want to see some of these great ideas that your kiddos had. Tell them to let you post some on your blog!

    ReplyDelete